When I was younger trying to decide what I wanted to do with my life there were a few things that came to mind – teaching was one of them. I assumed I had to be a classroom teacher in order to accomplish that goal. What I came to realize was I didn’t have to necessarily teach in a traditional classroom setting to fulfill that goal. I have been a “teacher” all my life. It’s my personal philosophy that “each one teach one.”
I am passionate about the work that I do and I love sharing my knowledge with others. So, when I facilitate workshops on any subject I feel most at home. I have been speaking publicly for practically my entire life. I have been doing it professionally – whether in front of a camera delivering the news or as a presenter at a conference – for nearly 20 years. I consider it a privilege to be able to do so.
My areas of focus for my speaking engagements and workshops are on three specific areas: grants development, nonprofit leadership, and community programming. By far, my most requested topic is grant writing. Therefore, I have created several workshops that vary from the beginners guide to advance level classes.
In the area of nonprofit leadership and community programs my topics include board development, coalition building, and sustainability. These are just topic areas, I will customize a workshop around these areas of focus to meet your organization’s objective.
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
If you’d like to schedule a workshop for your organization, please click here.